So today I thought I will share a bit about the projects I am working on at the moment!
ok, So appologiese from the beginning for these very bad iPhone pictures. I have my Olympus camera right next to me, but can’t be bothered. Sorry…
My WIPs at the moment:
- My first LOKI cardigan, which I am knitting for my little niece in Australia. I finally did the steek on Sunday, which you probably have read about already 😉 so now it is again on my to do list, find a zipper and sew it in… how long will this take?
- The Age of Brass and Steam kerchief made out of yarn I bought in Chile back in November last year! The first project with any of the many yarns I brought back. I’m on the last rows but still undecided how to end it … Been like this for weeks now oh oh.
- My rainbow blanket! I started with the edging now and boy is this stupid to knit! So many stitches! I’m onto row three now out of nine maybe? I’m also wondering if I should add some colour to the edge or not? Probably not, the grey and the coloured yarn is not the same ply so it might not look too nice?
- My first pair of socks I am knitting for myself! Its the free Hermione’s Everyday Socks Pattern and I am trying to enter the KAL hosted by Yarnderwoman
- I started the Riddari Jumper for my boyfriend but so far I don’t have a lot going on… But I know as soon as I am into it, this jumper will fly off my needles quickly! Remember how I knitted mine in only NINE days???
- I am test knitting the Olivia shawl for my lovely chilean friend Nina ! I’m happy I don’t have to finish in time, but I really enjoy knitting on this. It is very easy to memorise and I can’t wait to see it all blocked. And this is a special project to me as I bought the yarn together with Nina in Santiago!
- And the Fabel yarn on the top is going to become a cardigan! One of my boyfriends cousins is expecting a baby in August, a girl, so it will be fun to knit this. There is so much baby knitting going on at the moment, Lea is knitting for her sister who is expecting and yesterday I found out that a dear friend is expecting a baby in late October too! So exciting! I think most of my stash will go to projects for little ones 🙂
Other then this, what else is going on knitting or yarn related wise?
The lovely Lea has started a podcast which is so adorable 😉 She lives in Paris and I love following her on instagram and seeing all the things she knits!
I don’t have to tell you that I am a big fan of Ninas podcast, right? If you haven’t checked her out, go and do it now! It is just as if we were back in Santiago having lunch, seems like she is a podcasting natural!
I am also following Vicky on both instagram and her blogg, she has recently started to dye yarn and the pictures just look so so great! I’ve contacted her about maybe collaborating for a giveaway on the podcast? Stay tuned for more information on that, so exciting!
I have been working today again, we had a really lovely day in Berlin today! It was almost up to 22°C ! I was missing my sandals badly but soon. I just can’t get sick at the moment, too much going on! But I got all my plants back (I had them at a friends to take care of them while my apartment got renovated while I was in Australia), had a jummie vegan Burger with friends and just enjoyed the sun!
I am not too sure when I will have time to record a new podcast, make sure to follow the Chanel on youtube and come and join the group on Ravelry, it always makes me happy if you comment and interact with me :*